Come Boating! offers many different types of rows throughout the summer season to meet many
different interests, goals, and abilities.
Which row is right for you?
Community Beginner Row
● This is a great way to begin your passion for rowing.
● This row assumes you’ve never rowed before and focuses on the basics: boat safety, oar
handling, coxswain commands and basic form/technique.
● Low intensity row-no previous experience necessary to join this row
● An ideal place for any rower, new or seasoned to get on the water and enjoy a recreational row.
● For new rowers, the focus is on the basics. For seasoned rowers, the focus is building on those
● Low-intensity row- no previous experience necessary to join this row.
● Here, you will have to opportunity to hone those skills you’ve been learning
● Drills focus on specific skills such as timing, feathering, hands away, and drive to recover ratio.
● Moderate intensity row- rowers are expected to have participated in at least 2 Beginner or
● This is an ideal row to continue building on your skills while getting exercise.
● The focus is on technique/form, stamina, and improved fitness.
● Moderately intense row- rowers are expected to have participated in at least 2 Community rows.
Looking for a more intense work out?
● The Power Row focuses on timing, and the form/technique that optimizes strength and power.
● Continuous, high intensity row- rowers are expected to have participated in 3 community rows,
and/or 3 exercise rows and be able to keep in time.
Community Challenge Row
● This is an ideal row for those interested in racing, or for those who just want to experience the
fun of racing.
● This row focuses on good racing dynamics, teamwork, and healthy in-house completion.
● Continuous, high intensity row- rowers are expected to have participated in at least one power
row and able to keep in time.
**We encourage you to sign up for the row that best suits your abilities. Not sure if you’re ready to move
up to the next level? We encourage you to reach out to your Coxswains.